Certified Senior Strategic Manager (CSSM)
There is an increasing demand for executives and scholars with multiple competences. Students at this level receive senior executive and Advanced training learning in Strategic Management, Leadership, entrepreneurship and Governance. These senior level courses are spiced with lower level modules that will enable middle executives climb the ladder to senior executiveship.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The SBS Senior Strategic Management Professional Programme is designed to:
- Expose students to contemporary theories and practices in one of the major areas of specialization.
- To develop competencies, intelligences and character needed to drive themselves, their organizations and by extension African Nations to achieve global competitiveness and sustainability.
- To provide qualitative, affordable and flexible access to Strategic Business qualifications and career success.
Candidates may come from all kinds of academic background, career experience and aspirations. However, to qualify for admission, Candidates must possess a minimum of Bachelors Degree, Higher National Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Associate Certificate recognized by the appropriate academic or professional authorities in Nigeria in relevant areas of study. Not withstanding the above, candidates with qualifications outside business or management field must have at least five years work experience in business.
CSSM AWARD REQUIREMENTS
To qualify for the Certification as Senior Strategic Management Professional, a candidate must fulfill the requirements specified by SBS and the awarding Universities. Generally, these include:
- The Students must register and enroll for the programme and courses.
- Attend the Mandatory Contact Classes / obtain distance learning course materials.
- Attend the Mandatory Quarterly Seminars / Workshops ( Strategy in Action)
- Take and pass all examinations at specified percentages and credit units.
- Write two publishable term papers/analyze two cases in all courses.
- Write and present a seminar paper in each areas of specialization.
- Produce an academically acceptable end of programme thesis.
- Obtain a total average score between 50 - 60.
DURATION OF STUDY / WORKLOAD
The Programme will run for a period of 12 months of two semesters. The Learning activities involve
- At least 400 hours of Lectures / Seminars / Direct Self Study
- At least 400 hours of Directed Personal Study
- At least 200 hours of Course Work / Examinations / Assignment
- End of programme Research Dissertation
MODE OF ASSESSMENT
Students are assessed by appropriate combination of the following evaluation methods: Seated Examination, Coursework, Assignments and Research Projects.
SBS GRADUATE SEMINAR
Each student is required to present a seminar paper in each of the module under his specialization before fellow students and faculty members.
STRATEGY IN ACTION
This is the SBS Business and Corporate Champions' Quarterly Opportunity seminar\Workshop. Each student is expected to attend at least four of this workshop during the period of his study. Each attendance attracts 25% marks and four points in four attendances.
REGISTRATION FEE: N15,000